House A is a part of the cultural and tourist complex ‘Terra Pannonica’ in the village of Mokrin, in northern Serbia. The estate is planned to consist of five houses of different functional and architectural characteristics, of which two have been completed until now. House A was completed in 2012 as a guest house with apartments and communal spaces for relaxation and socialization.
The newly completed House A is a reconstructed family house from the year 1925, demonstrating both strong sense of continuity and accordance to contemporary life style. The challenge that architects of the Studio AUTORI faced was how to transform both functional scheme and the general appearance of the house, to suit the new functional and aesthetic requirements, but still preserve the original qualities of the ambient. The new program of the guest house, consisting of communal dining room with a porch, two salons, master apartment, kitchen and toilets on the ground level, five apartments and a terrace on the upper level and a wine cellar with a club space in the underground, was quite different from the previous ground floor family house. Architects met this challenge by concentrating all of the activities and views in one central space on the ground level, from which the rest of spaces derive in a sort of free flow.
All images © Mina Piscevic